Acne is a skin condition that occurs when your hair follicles become plugged with oil and dead skin cells. It often causes whiteheads, blackheads or pimples, and usually appears on the face. There are some factors that usually causes acne like food, stress, dirt, drugs, cosmetics, hereditary factors etc.
Types of spots
There are 6 main types of spot caused by acne:
- blackheads – small black or yellowish bumps that develop on the skin.
- whiteheads –similar appearance to blackheads, but may be firmer and won't empty when squeezed.
- papules – small red smashes that may feel tender or sore.
- pustules – similar to papules, but have a white tip in the centre, caused by a build-up of pus.
- nodules – large hard lumps that build up beneath the surface of the skin and can be painful.
- cysts – the most severe type of spot caused by acne; they're large pus-filled lumps .
If acne will not be treated well then dark spots and permanent scars can appear on the skin as acne clears. Many effective treatments are available to boost your confidence, self-esteem and improve skin health.
There are different types of acne scars:
Hypertrophic or keloid scarring: These scars are caused when the body produces too much collagen as acne wounds heal, resulting in a mass of raised tissue on the skin's surface.
Atrophic or depressed scarring: These scars develop when there is a loss of tissue. There are two common types of atrophic scarring. "Icepick" scars are usually small, yet obvious holes in the skin. "Boxcar" scars are depressed areas, usually round or oval in shape with steeply angled sides, similar to chickenpox scars.
Boxcar Scars Boxcar scars are round or oval depressions with steep vertical sides. Wider than ice pick scars, boxcar scars give the skin an uneven, pitted appearance.
Ice Prick ScarsIce pick scars are deep, very narrow scars that extend into the dermis. The skin looks as if it has been pierced by an ice pick or sharp instrument. Ice pick scars seem to make a small, thin, deep hole into the skin.
Rolling ScarsThis type of scarring causes rolling or wave-like depressions across otherwise normal-looking skin. At Zarpash Beauty Clinic, we have expert team of dermatologists who help you to treat acne and acne scars. We deal our patients according to their conditions so just take an appointment with our expert doctors for best skin health.